1975: The Center moves to what was formerly a motel at 1213 N. Highland Ave. It receives the first federal grant ever given to an LGBT organization: $1 million for alcoholic services to women. Staff reported that during the first year between 1,700 – 2,500 men and women passed through the doors each week.
1980: Name changes to Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Community Service Center
1981: First official report comes out about "Gay-Related Immune Deficiency" or GRID, now known as AIDS. One of the men featured in the report is a patient of the Center's venereal disease clinic.
1982: First Los Angeles AIDS death was a client of the Center's Clinic.
1985: The Center opens the first HIV testing site in California, which quickly becomes the nation's largest. The Center opens Citrus House behind its Highland Ave building, the first transitional home for LGBT youth.